12.23.2008

In bad weather, I turn to ebay

Because it's slushy and icy and all-around gross to walk outside (and catch buses to church tag sales 35 mins away in Randomtown Queens), I've been ebaying. It's turning into a scary addiction. My more recent searches have been for Miroslav Sasek travel books, typewriters (Smith Corona, Olivetti if I'm feeling extravagant) and wooden blocks. Help.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of one of the ebay items I won - it's from a 1964 map/guide to the city full of bonkers awesome pages which the seller cleverly separated from the book so I could pay um, like, 10 bucks a page. Whatever.

I l-o-v-e the midcentury illustrations for the different tourist spots of New York. I'm still blogger-befuddled, so click to enlarge (it's worth the time to click, I swear.)








Merry Christmas eve eve!

No comments: