1.04.2009

Balance of the Universe Returning....

Ok, I've slowly gotten over the whole Pyrex fiasco, mostly due to all the booze consumed over the New Years break. (I had friends in town, so New Years festivities stretched through last night.) The Thrift Gods took some pity on me, and gave me a little gem, in the form of this Snoopy Fire King mug:

Found this guy in a Goodwill for a buck. Another one on ebay is going for about $80, and the orange version is going for over $180. This is my first sale on ebay, so I had a big dilemma about when to post (is the other auction going to affect my sale, am I affecting theirs, etc) but since I've heard that Sunday night auctions do the best, I went ahead and did it. I'm hoping I make more than a buck. Cross your fingers!

Update: I made a 12,000% profit on this mug. That is a pretty awesome start to the 2009 Thrifting Season. (The money is mostly going to my mom, who's going on a trip to the Philippines to see family...thanks Snoopy!)

1 comment:

www.ruthiauda.com/blog said...

best of luck on the mug!

The wood is 1" thick but, sadly, I don't have super strength...just a drill.