1.02.2009

Cursed! Foiled!

I'm a little/lot embarrassed to realize how nutty I've gotten over thrift shopping. I went out thrifting this morning, figuring since a ton of people donated to Goodwill/Salvation Army before the year end for tax purposes, a bunch of new things would be put out in the stores. I get in, look around, and my beady little eyes focus on a girl's shopping cart: PYREX. Not only Pyrex, but a complete set of Cinderella Butterprint bowls. (Near) murderous rage courses through my veins at a near instantaneous speed. My eyes narrow. My cheeks redden. My fists ball. I go to this store all the time. The employees know me (scarily enough). HOW COULD THIS GIRL HAVE GOTTEN THE SCORE OF THE YEAR?!?! I followed her around, trying to see if she'd ditch them. She didn't. I ended up leaving with an Escada Couture party dress for $15, and a whole lotta jealousy. Am I bitter? Yes, yes I am. It's the One That Got Away.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can totally relate. This is pathetic but here it goes. I stalk too, only once did the person put all five “Anytime” pattern Metlox pitchers back. I have them in my Flickr photos. The other times I just left a trail of tears watching the pixie, or Taylor smith and Taylor or the ………..(you get the idea) go out the door. I could go on and on. I have learned the car of a fellow thriftier. She is twice my age so she is twice as smart and if I get in her wake, I can just forget it. She is however the one who put the pitchers back. Her husband waits in there van,,,, He has poor circulation, and she slowly circles every isle many times and then sorts thru her treasures and puts some back. I tragically meet her daughter in law accidentally at another store. She struck up a conversation with me while holding the cutest pastel cookie jar, with a handle. No lie, I gasped when I looked up at her and saw it, I was crouched over a box of books. Anyway I was thinking I have been in her over an hour and she just walked in and found it? “Where was it?” After a long conversation she said something, and I put two and two together. She was the daughter in law and has “learned everything she knows” from the wise women. Unbelievable! These people multiply!!!!!! She offered the awesome cookie jar to me and I slipped her 5 ones after I checked out. She eagerly took them and thanked me. I was glad to give it to her!